In light of recent events in the news, now would be a great time for small businesses to run through a quick checklist.
1. Do you have a sexual harassment policy?
2. When was the last time your company reviewed and updated your sexual harassment policy and enforcement procedures?
3. Do you offer sexual harassment training to educate employees on what behavior is and is not tolerated in the workplace?
4. Do you provide an effective way for employees to make complaints when potential violations occur?
5. Do you take appropriate action to enforce your sexual harassment policy by investigating all complaints and addressing violations soon after they occur?
No small business wants to appear in the news after an outpouring of "Me Too" reports from employees. There are simple steps companies can take to ensure they provide a healthy and respectful work environment for all. Now get to it.